Wednesday 7 June 2017

I really like the idea of star wars armada but the cost is far too much for my meager budget. Also I note that the models are not to scale, I think you can't have the epic feel of star wars when the big ships don't dwarf the smaller ones. Doing some internet snooping I found utar ships that do in scale craft but his not producing at the moment that led me to odyssey slipways  that do 1/10000 scale ships. They are only available from one shop in America not real cheap but I got some.when they came I found them too small for my taste. So I looked on shapeways for some 1/7000 scale ships but they all were in FUD and costed just as much as armarda ships. So I decided to bite the bullet and do some 3d modelling with some help from son no1 to get started I found it quite easy. So star wars ships in 1/7000 and printed in white and strong as shapways calls it meaning a rebel assault frigate costs just £8. any way heres what i got so far i'll post back when i paint some

No comments:

Post a Comment